Ask Royal Oaks Dental Care if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
Is my child a candidate for Interceptive Orthodontics?
While Interceptive Orthodontics isn’t necessary for every child, there are a few signs to look for while your child’s teeth and jaw develop:
- Early or delayed loss of baby teeth
- Poor oral habits such as thumb sucking, cheek biting, mouth breathing, nail-biting and tongue thrusting
- Teeth and jaw are not proportional to their face
- Underbite or overbite
- Difficulty biting and chewing
- Using a pacifier past the age of 2.5 years old
- Chronic allergy
- Complications with airway/breathing
What are the benefits of Interceptive Orthodontics?
- Identifies issues such as overbite, crowding, spacing, and TMJ, and treats them early
- Reduces and, in many cases, prevents the need for orthodontic treatment in the future
- Corrects dental issues and improves the overall quality of health
- Fast results with fewer dental office appointments
- Boosts your child’s self-esteem by giving him or her an aesthetically pleasing smile
- Often allows for teeth to align without needing uncomfortable metal wires and brackets
- 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of traditional braces
- Can aid children going through speech therapy
- Reduces the likelihood of your child getting injured in sports or other activities
Your dentist at Royal Oaks Dental Care can determine if your child may benefit from Interceptive Orthodontics. Call us at 352-536-9644.